Fashion Clothing Tips for Short Women
Petite curvaceous women definitely need to elongate their body using their clothing style for minimizing the volume. This is the general rule for the women owning this type of figure. In order to cover the faults of a figure not belonging to a tall, skinny 'giraffe' type model, you need to follow some essential tricks.
- Your aim is to elongate your body. The most frequent mistake petite women making in terms of clothing is cutting their bodies by using pieces of clothes as jackets and belts in the wrong proportions. Wearing large belts on top of pants or skirts together with blouses of different color is not the best choice as it cuts the body in two parts, drawing attention to the shortness of the figure.
- You should also avoid wearing extra fabric around the waist. You already possess a good amount of volume in this area and the last thing you need adding some more.
- A false myth is the idea that very long skirts make your legs look long. Very long, baggy skirts make your legs look shorter. Long skirts may make you look taller if they go down to the ankle level and if they are straight.
- A good trick to elongate your legs is to wear straight pants that cover your shoes. This will definitely add some extra inches to your legs.
- Mixing colors is permitted for petite women but remember that it is the monochromatic clothing that makes you look taller and slimmer.
- Avoid wearing thick fabric clothing as it adds extra weight to your figure.
- The best trick to elongate your body is to wear vertical lines patterned clothing. But keep in mind not to exaggerate as you will end up looking like a zebra. It is enough to wear a pair of jeans that have a vertical line in the seams and you will create the illusion of a taller person. Just one or two lines are enough to create this illusion. Try to avoid wearing clothing items with multiple vertical lines or mixing two garments with lines pattern.
- If you also have some extra pounds, the best way to hide them is to fit properly the clothing items. Remember that oversize t-shirts don't hide extra pounds, they make people look baggy, without any shape.
- Too tight means too bad. However very tight clothes are risky too.Properly fitted clothes help you show the best of your body. Never wear clothes that show an open view of your tummy. It will only call attention to this wrong part of your figure.
- And the 'must do' rule for petite women is to always wear high heels. Matching stilettos to long, straight pants is the combination that will make you look taller and slimmer in any situation.
And keep in mind: any figure fault can be covered by using the right piece of clothing.